Ganapati Homam | Maha Ganapati Homa
Lord Ganapati is highly venerated and is the remover of all obstacles. Any new venture or beginning is made by invoking Lord Ganapati seeking an obstacle-free path. Insurmountable obstacles magically dissipate and melt away with performing Ganapati Homam ensuring the success and well-being.
By offering obeisance to Lord Ganapati, the confidence and courage gets a boost to carry out the task to resounding success. Ganapathi Homa is performed by fully Qualified Vedic Pandits and Purohits familiar with the nuances of ‘Vedic’ procedures and adhering to traditions. It is recommended to perform this Ganapati Puja / Homa, if you are experiencing hurdles hampering progress and seeing obstructions in your path.
The Ganapati Homam is typically performed early in the morning to fully reap the benefits. The days of Chaturthi of every month and Vinayaka Chaturthi / Ganesh Chaturthi are considered as extremely auspicious days. Tritiya of Navaratri is a great time to perform Homa. Four dravyas used are modaka, durva grass dipped in ghee, popped paddy and samith dipped in ghee. This is followed by giving away prasadam and vastra and tamboolam.
Who should perform Ganapati Homa?
It is customary to perform Ganesh Pooja and seek his blessings before starting any endeavor or undertaking any venture or making a new beginning. People seeking success at the start of any business, work life, student life, marriage, Housewarming (Griha-Pravesh) and even Naming ceremonies (Naamkaran). People who are specifically affected by Kethu Dosha. Lord Ganesha is the planetary overlord of Kethu. Hence, one should perform the Ganapathi Puja | Homa to please Lord Ganesha and to remove the malefic effects of the Dosha.
Benefits of Perfoming Ganapati Homa:
- Ganapati Homa / Gana homa helps to bring victory or success and harmony in family and success in life by removing all the obstacles and negative energies.
- Performing Ganapathi homam will help the Kartha to overcome all the obstacles and problems that he encounters in his life
- Performing Ganesh Pooja helps in Inducing positive energy and helps in attaining peace of mind.
- The devotee can get rid of all the obstacles and problems that he or she might encounter in their new ventures of life, both professional and personal.
- Performing the Ganapathi Puja grants wealth and solves wealth related issues in a devotee’s life. Lord Ganesha is believed to be the governor of the Mooladhara chakra, which signifies material prosperity.
- One can achieve prosperity, health and a happy domestic life by worshiping Ganesha once a year by conducting the Homam.
- Performing Ganapathi Homam is an ideal remedy for a person who is passing through ‘Ketu Maha Dasha or Bhukti’ as per their horoscope and thereby reducing the malefic effects of Ketu graha.
Health Benefits of performing Ganpathi Homam at Home?
- Ganapathi Homam also gives the benefit of good health to the devotees who might suffer from ailments like anxiety, depression and injuries sustained during accidents.
Benefits of performing the Ganapathi homa at home?
- Gana homa | Ganpati Puja helps to bring victory or success and harmony in family and success in life by removing all the obstacles and negative energies.
Ganpati Puja Samagris / Materials required for Ganapathi Homam or Ganesh Puja:
1) Turmeric Powder/ Haldi / Arishina – 100 gms
2) Kumkum / Kumkuma – 1 Packet
3) Sandal Wood Paste /Powder / srigandha– 1 Packet
4) Agarbathi(Incense Sticks) / Oodinakaddi– 1 Packet
5) Camphor / karpura – 1 Packet
6) Beetle Leaves / Veelyadele – Approx. 30 leaves
7) Flowers – 4 Bunches
8) Fruits – Bananas and 5 other Varieties
9) Coconuts – 4 nos
10) Rice – 2.5 kg
11) Kalasa Vasthram – 1 Towel or 2 Yards Fabric
12) Rice Poha (Beaten Rice)/ Avalakki – 1 Packet
13) Honey/ Jenutuppa – 1 Small Bottle
14) Ghee/ Tuppa – 500 gms
15) Dates (Karjur)/ Kahrjura/uttutte – 1 Packet
16) Coins (Quarters) – 20
17) Dried Half Coconut/ Kobbari (Copra) – 5 Nos
18) Naivedyams – Devotee’s Choice
19) Sugar Candy (Misri)/ Kallusakkare – 1 Packet
Other Ganpathi Puja Materials from Home:
- Deepam (Lamp) /Oil for Deepam /Match Box /Cotton Wick for Deepam
- Panchapathre Udharane
- Small and Big Trays
- Small Cups
- Ashirvada New Dresses
Online Puja & Homam Service:
Pureprayer offers online homam and puja services for devotees who cannot be present in-person at the pooja location. We perform all poojas and homas at any of our network of pooja mandirs, Kshetras and Homa Kuteeras. Our qualified vedic purohits will perform the pooja as per the prescribed procedures with a sankalpam. We can create a short video of the sankalpa along with the mantra chanting and sent to the devotee on WhatsApp. If the devotee prefers to remotely participate during the pooja or homam, we can connect with the purohits at pooja mandirs via a live video call using any of the video calling apps (WhatsApp, Zoom, Duo or Skype).
Frequently Asked Questions:
Which day is good for performing Ganapathi Homam?
Ideal days to perform Ganapathi Homam: Sankatahara Chaturthi or Vinayaka chavithi day. before starting any new business or new ventures. Performing Ganpati puja or Ganapathi homam on this day is considered to be the most auspicious day. Performing the homam on this day is believed to bestow prosperity, health and wealth.
When should Ganpathi Homa be performed?
Ganesh puja should be performed early in the morning and Poornahuthi offered during sunrise. There are however exceptions, when a specific time is chosen by the astrologer to suit the particular purpose. For Customized Ganesha homam, a date can be fixed as per one’s Janma nakshatra, yoga and thithi of that date.
What are the occasions for performing Ganapathy homam?
Ganpati Homa is performed to remove obstacles, negative forces and restore peace in a person’s life.
- Install the Ganesha idol and chant mantras for invoking Lord Ganapathi.
- Take a sip of the holy water for the inner purification of body and soul and sprinkle water on oneself.
- Perform sankalpam and take the blessings of lord agni (fire god) by lighitng up the homakundam.
When can we do Ganapathi Homam?
Ganapathi Homam is conducted early in the morning before sunrise and Poornahuthi is offered at sunrise. .
Why is Gana Homa or Ganapati Homam performed?
Ganapati is the lord of all ‘ganas’ and is known as ‘vigna nivaraka’, remover of all obstacles. This homam is performed before building a new house, starting a new business or before starting any good activity. Ganapathi yagya is conducted to achieve happiness, good health and prosperity in life.