Guru Parihara Puja
Guru Parihara Puja is performed when the Guru Graha (Jupiter) is about to transit as per Janmakundali (Horoscope). Guru Parihara Puja is considered very auspicious, as this removes all the negative impacts of Guru Graha. Guru transit is also known as Guru Peyarchi (Tamil).
Alangudi is the holy abode of Guru graha (Jupiter) and a divine place where one could worship Guru. Lord Shiva manifested here in the form of Lord Guru. Sri Dakshinamurthy is to be worshipped as he is worshipped, as Guru Bhagwan here. Alangudi is renowned for its Moorthy (The Presiding Deity), Sthalam (Place of divinity) and Theertham (The Holy Water). Alangudi is a tiny village in Thiruvarur district of Tamil Nadu, 7 Kms south of Needamangalam Railway station and 17 Kms south of Kumbakonam, on the road that leads to maanargudi. Kasi Arranyam, Thiru Erumpoolai and Alangudi are the names by which this holy place is known. It is said to be auspicious to visit Alangudi Kshetra before Jupiter transits from one zodiac sign to another.
Guru Moola Mantra: “Aum gram grim graum sah gurave namah”
Guru Gayathri Mantra: “Rishabadhwajaya vidhmahe gruni hasthaya dhimahi thanno Guru prachodhayath”
The ‘Theertham’ at Alangudi is considered very holy, as Alangudi is surrounded by three holy rivers, the Cauvery, Kolidam and Vennaru. In addition, the temple at Alangudi is surrounded by fifteen Theerthams (pushkaranis), among which the Amrita Pushkarani encircling the temple is considered the holiest. Chakra theertham in front of the temple is said to have been created by Maha Vishnu’s Chakra (Disc).
Special Guru Parihara Puja at Alangudi
- A Special Guru Parihara Puja can be arranged at Alangudi for removing malefic effects of Guru Graha (Planet Jupiter).
- Our qualified Vedic purohits at Alangudi can perform the guru parihara puja in the absence of the devotee
- A puja performance can be shown live to the devotees via video conferencing Apps (Zoom, Duo, WhatsApp or Skype) or even a short video clipping during the ‘Sankalpam’ of the puja can be sent to the devotee
Benefits of performing Guru Parihara Puja
- Performed to alleviate problems with skin, arthritis, heart related issues
- Reduces anxiety, worry and uneasiness related issues
- Guru blesses his devotees with progeny (children), good education, valor, cure from diseases and longeivity of life
- Removes any kinds of addiction and helps to take control of one’s life and to get rid of malefic effects by Guru dasa
Our Service Assurance:
Pureprayer offers puja and homam services, both in the temple and ashrams at dedicated locations, performed by Vedic priests and scholars who can speak multiple languages, including English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada etc.
- Astrology support to help devotees with puja, homam and parihara related queries
- Arrange a call with our Purohits and Guruji at the ashram to address queries related to the puja rituals
- All puja samagri (materials)
- Transfer from devotee location to Kshetras and local transportation in AC vehicles
- Transparent puja pricing and explanation of procedures
- Booking of Budget or Luxury accommodation at location
- Sattvik food
Frequently asked Questions:
Which are the best Guru Parihara Sthalams?
Alangudi is the most popular Guru Parihara sthalam in Tamilnadu near Kumbakonam. The other temples are Thittai near Tanjore, Thiruvalleeswarar at Padi near Chennai, Medhaa Dakshinamurthy or Vallalar Kovil at Mayiladuthurai, Jalantheswarar temple at Thakkolam.
How can we reduce the malefic effect of Jupiter?
Worshipping lord Shiva reduces the malefic results of weak Jupiter. Guru Dosha Nivaran Puja service includes the prayer to Lord Shiva and the reverent teachers or Gurus of individuals.
How do I get rid of guru Dosha?
If the Guru Chandal Dosh happens in the own sign, friendly sign and exalted sign of Guru, then the planet Rahu should be pacified. When the Guru Chandal Dosh happens in the inimical house, then you should perform Puja for both Guru and Rahu.
What is Guru Peyarchi?
The movement of Guru from one house to another house in your astrological chart is called Guru Peyarchi or Jupiter Transit. According to Indian Astrology, Jupiter (Guru) which is known as the planet of knowledge, wisdom, and fortune, marriage is the most auspicious planet among all the 9 planets
- Perform a Guru Parihara pooja at a Guru sthalam
- Respect elderly, poor and the disadvantaged.
- Provide food to the poor
- Provide educational or financial assistance to poor and deserving students.
- Offer food to cows.
How can we reduce the malefic effects of Jupiter?
Performing Guru parihara puja at Alangudi kshetram would greatly help reduce the malefic effects of Jupiter in one’s horoscope. The puja can also be performed remotely in absentia and can be viewed via video calls.