Sevvai Dosham Parihara Pooja
PurePrayer provides the best and experienced Vedic Pandits to perform Sevvai Dosham Parihara Pooja in important and well-known Kshetras, Homa Kuteeras or in the safety of your homes. Perform Parihara Pujas for Sevvai Dosham (Chovva Dosham) with best and experienced Vedic Pandits, Panthulu, or Tamil Vadhyars from PurePrayer for Jataka or Kundli related problems known as “Chevvai Dosham” in Tamil, “Kuja Dosha”, and as “Manglik Dosh”. These Pujas are performed seeking the grace and benevolence of Lord Mangal (Angarak).
You can perform these Parihara Pujas in any of these formats: Online-Offline-Remote Format.
About Lord Kuja:
Brahma Vaivarta Purana says that Kuja (Planet Mars) is the son of the earth. “Ku” means earth and “Ja” means born. He is born as a token of togetherness by Vishnu and Bhudevi. Hence he is also called Bhauma. His color is coral red. Lord Subramanya is considered as the deity to offer Pujas in the case of Sevvai Dosham (or Chevvai Dosham), Kuja Dosham or Angaraka Dosham (Or simply Manglik).
Characteristics of Planet Mars or Chevvai:
Planet Mars according to Hindu Vedic Astrology symbolizes immense courage, energy, will power and self-confidence. If negatively posited, the person shows aggression, irritation, anger, volatile temper, argument, conflict, competition, domination, violence, injury and disaster. This dynamic energy has to be channelized positively; otherwise can lead to adverse effects.
Meaning of Manglik is a person with Manglik Dosh or Chevvai Dosham. When Kuja (Planet Mars) is positioned in 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th or 12th house in the Janma Kundali (horoscope), such a birth-chart is considered Manglik.
Sevvai Dosham | Kuja Dosha | Mangal Dosha | Angaraka Dosha:
Vedic Astrology has identified many different aspects of Sevvai Dosham (Chovva Dosham). They are defined as Partial Kuja Dosham or Anshik Kuja Dosham and Complete Kuja Dosham or Poorna Kuja Dosham. They can be identified based on the position of Planet Mars in the Horoscope.
Effect or Impact of Sevvai Dosham (Chovva Dosham):
- This normally affects the married life by causing hurdles and turmoil, sometimes leading to separation and divorce.
- Financial loss are also indicated by Sevvai Dosham.
- Delays in getting Married
- Professional or business Problems
Impact of Sevvai Dosham on Marriage:
Sevvai Dosham (Chovva Dosham) is taken into consideration during the time of marriage. Compatibility of charts of the Manappen (bride) and the Manamakan (bridegroom) are to be studied. Position of Mars in the charts are analysed keenly for success of a marriage. When Mars affects the 7th house of marriage in a malefic manner, then the husband and wife could have serious problems, like constant fighting and discord in family life.
Effects of Mars according to Houses in Horoscope:
- When Mars is in the first house, conflicts and violence in marriage is predicted.
- When Mars is in the second house, it affects the person’s family causing trouble in marriage and professional life.
- When Mars is in the fourth house, the person fails to succeed on the professional front, and keeps switching jobs.
- When Mars is in the seventh house, the excess energy within makes the person ill-tempered. Cordial relationship with family members is almost impossible because of the domineering nature.
- When Mars is in the eighth house, the person becomes alienated from elders and loses paternal property.
- When Mars is in the tenth house, the person suffers from mental problem and incurs financial losses besides having enemies.
What are the remedies for Sevvai Dosham?
Vedic Astrology has many suggestions to the Sevvai Dosham (Chovva Dosham) problems in the birth-chart (Jathakam). A few of them are mentioned here. These must be treated only as pointers. You can get in touch with us for a proper study of your horoscope from our Astrological Services.
- Marriage between two Mangliks nullifies the ill-effects of the planet.
- When one person is Manglik in a marriage, the negative effects of Mangal dosha can be cancelled by performing this ritual called Kumbh Vivaham.
- According to Hindu Vedic Astrology a Manglik person is made to marry a Plantain tree (Kadali Vivaham), Peepal tree or a silver/golden idol of Lord Vishnu.
- Out of all the remedies fasting on Tuesdays is also considered an effective remedy.
- Wearing bright red coral in the ring finger reduces the ill effect of Mars.
- Chanting or Recital of Kuja (Mangal) Mantra, Hanuman Chalisa, Navgraha Mantra, or Gayatri Mantra.
- Donating things like Red Clothes, Sweets, Jaggery, etc., especially on Tuesdays.
- Feeding sweet things and grains to small birds and animals, on Tuesdays and other days of the week.
- It is typically advisable for a person with Chevvai dosham (Sevvai Dosham) to enter into a marriage after the age of 28 when the severity of the dosham is reduced.
- Fasting on Tuesdays and offering prayers to Planet Mars will help to minimise the severity of Sevvai dosham.
Sevvai Dosham Parihara Pooja at Vaiththeeswaran Koil:
Vaiththeeswaran Koil, the popular Navagraha kshetra near Kumbakonam, is called Pul Irukku Veloor in ancient Tamil. Pul (ಪುಳ್) means bird which represents Jatayu. As per Ramayana, Jatayu succumbed to Ravana’s injuries and fell down here. The last rites for Jatayu was performed here by Rama Lakshmana. ಇರುಕ್ಕು in Tamil means Rig Veda. The Saptarishis are said have visited here and worshipped Vaidyanatha Swamy as embodiment of Rig Veda.
Vel (ವೇಳ್) represents the weapon of Murugan or Kumaraswamy. Kumaraswamy was granted the powerful Vel weapon by Lord Shiva here, to vanquish the Asura Soorapadman. Oor (ಊರ್) usually means place, but here it means Sun God, who worshipped Lord Shiva here.
Chevvai or Chovva (Kuja or Mangal), the planet Mars is worshipped here as a representation of Veerabhadra and the representation of red colour for Mars came to vogue at this temple. Mars is also the planet for enemies, war, adversaries.
Thus at this powerful kshetra where Lord Muthukumaraswamy was granted the Vel weapon to vanquish the enemy. A team of traditional priests (Gurukkals) of this temple perform Parihara Poojas for Chovva Dosham.
Sevvai Dosham Parihara Pooja at Gokarna Kshetra:
Performing Parihara Pujas for Sevvai Dosham in Gokarna Kshetra can be highly effective due to the presence of Atmalinga of Lord Shiva.
Gokarna Kshetra is a beach-town in the confluence of rivers Gangavalli and Aghanashini in the Kumta taluk of Uttara Kannada district in Karnataka State. This also known as the Bhu-Kailasa, Southern Kashi and Rudrapada-Gaya of India. Gokarna has been a popular destination for performing Pujas and Homas and said to be very effective in nature.
Lord Shiva consecrated by Lord Ganapati here was the Atmalinga given to the demon king Ravan and is popularly known as Mahabaleshwara. The main deity in Mahabaleshwar temple in Gokarna kshetra is Lord Shiva.
PurePrayer is India’s best online puja platform and an Official Partner for Govt. Of Karnataka for Online Pujas and Sevas bookings in Muzrai Temples. PurePrayer offers best Pandits in Bangalore services for your home and office Puja needs. Our Pandits are Multi lingual and proficient in Puja- Vidhis ascribed in Grihya Sutras.
PurePrayer offers many Parihara Pujas for Sevvai Dosham in important Teertha Kshetras across India suggested on the basis of astrological study of the Birth Chart (Jatakam). Get in touch with our Support team for further details.
Frequently Asked Qusetions about Sevvai Dosham:
What is Kuja Dosha?
Kuja (Planet Chevvai in Tamil) is the son of the earth. “Ku” means earth and “Ja” means born. He is born as a token of togetherness by Vishnu and Bhudevi. Vedic Astrology has identified many different aspects of Sevvai Dosham (Chovva Dosham). They are defined as Partial Kuja Dosha or Anshik Kuja Dosha and Complete Kuja Dosha or Poorna Kuja Dosha. Chovva Dosham can result in financial losses, bad or broken marital relations, failures on many fronts like education, work-business life, or failures in marriage.
Which are the best Sevvai Dosham Parihara Sthalams?
Tirupaampuram near Kumbakonam, Vaitheeswaran Koil near Kumbakonam of Tamil Nadu, Gokarna in Karnataka are among the important Kshetras for this puja.
How can we reduce the malefic effects of Kuja (Chevvai)?
Offering Pujas to Lord Subrahmanya and Lord Shiva on Tuesdays reduces the malefic results of Chovva Dosham or Manglik Dosh. This includes prayers to Lord Subrahmanya and Lord Shiva.
What is Manglik?
When Kuja (Planet Mars) is positioned in 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th or 12th house in the Janma Kundali (horoscope), such a birth-chart is considered Manglik.
How Do I know I am Manglik?
Manglik Dosh or Angarak Dosh can be determined with the study of your Janama Patrika or Horoscope. You can perform a quick check on Manglik Check or Manglik Calculator online.
Check Manglik Online:
These Manglik Dosha calculators or Mangal Dosh calculators can help you arrive at whether you really have these astral positions in your Birth-Chart. However, it is always advisable to consult Astrology Services from qualified and expert astrologers, who help you understand and suggest a proper corrective action that can result in blissful life.
What can be done if the placement of Kuja | Angaraka in horoscope is poor or there is presence of Manglik Dosh?
When the devotee has Manglik Dosh or the position of Kuja/Angaraka/Mars in the horoscope is weak, Kuja Rahu Sandhi Shanti Homam can be performed at Vaitheeswaran Koil Kuja kshetra near Kumbakonam. Vaidheeswaran Koil is the popular Angaraka/Mars sthalam in the Navagraha circuit around Kumbakonam. Highly learned Gurukkal Vedic pandits at Vaitheeswaran Koil could perform Kuja Rahu Sandhi Shanti Homam along with Manglik Dosha Nivarana (If any) for the devotee.
When to Perform Kuja Rahu Sandhi Shanti puja?
This puja can be performed 3 months prior to when the Kuja Mahadasha is going to end and before the Rahu Mahadasha starts. We can perform this Kuja Rahu Sandhi Shanti on any auspicious day or the ideal day per the Rashi Nakshatra of the person.
The puja is also performed when Kuja Mahadasha is presently going on and Rahu Antardasha is there or vice versa, to overcome the ill effects.