Kollur is the abode of Goddess Mookambika, the goddess who is incarnated on earth to kill the cruel Demon Mukasura. Kollur is one of the most powerful shakthi temples in Karnataka, situated in serene mountain ranges of Kodachadri in Western Ghats, next to Souparnika river in Kundapur taluk of Udupi district in Karnataka. Shankaracharya, brought fame to Kollur by proclaiming it as a Shakthi peetha and performing puja to Goddess Mookambika. Chandi Homam performed at this location is one the most powerful homam offered to the goddess Chandi or Durga and is said to shower the performer with good health and a happy life. Apart from Chandi Homam, various other homas like Kuja-Rahu Sandhi Shanthi, Brihaspati Sandhi Shanti, Ambrini Sukta, Sri Sukta & Purusha Sukta homas are performed for wealth and prosperity.
The Kollur Mookambika Temple is believed to be over 1,200 years old and it is about 130 km from the port city of Mangaluru and 440 km from Bengaluru, the state capital. Pilgrims and tourists can reach Kollur from Udupi, Mangalore, Mysore and Bangalore through road. Bus facility is available between Kolluru, Udupi and Shivamogga.
Our Service Assurance:
Pureprayer offers puja and homam services, in the ashrams at the Kshetra, performed by Vedic scholars who can speak multiple languages, including English, Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada etc.
- Astrology support to help devotees with puja, homam and parihara related queries
- Arrange a call with our Purohits and Pandits to address queries related to the puja rituals
- Transfer from devotee location to Kshetra and local transportation in AC vehicles
- Transparent Puja pricing and explanation of procedures
- Booking of Budget or Luxury Hotels and accommodation at location
- Leisure and sightseeing trips nearby
- Guide services (optional)
- Sattvik food