Thirunallar Shaniswarar or Darbharanyeswaraar Temple is located in Puduchery, about 53km from the temple town of Kumbakonam in Tamil Nadu. This is a very important and ancient temple where Lord Shani Dev has been consecrated and is recognized as the most popular Shani Dosha Parihara kshetra. Consort of the main deity Lord Darbharanyeswarar is called Pranambigai. Idols of Svarna Vinayakar, Lord Subrahmanya and Thyagarajar have also been installed.
In Dwapara Yuga, King Nala (Nala Damayanti) of Nishaada kingdom, suffered from heavy Shani Dosham. He was freed from the Shani dosham after taking bath in the holy tank near the temple and praying to Lord Shiva (Dharbharanyeswarar) at this shrine. Hence forth, the pond came to be called Nalateertham.
Sani peyarchi i.e. transit of Saturn from one Rashi to another, is an important period for visiting Thirunallar Kshetra. In month of January 2020, Shani transits from Dhanur Rashi to Makara Rashi. This period will witness heavy rush of devotees to Thirunallar Shani and they would perform Shani Tailabhishekam, Shani Shanti Homam and many other Sani parihara pujas
Sevas such as Shani Tailabhishekam, Shani Preeti Homam, Navagraha Homam are some of the popular Shani Parihara Pujas performed at Thirunallar Shani temple. Devotees have experienced remarkable changes in their lives after performing the Shani Parihara Pujas at Thirunallar.
Distance from Chennai to Thirunallar is approx.280 kms and distance from Bangalore to Thirunallar Shani kshetram is about 450 kms. Thirunallar Shani Temple is also connected by train from Chennai and Bangalore, Karaikal being the nearest railway station.
Our Service Assurance:
Pureprayer offers puja and homam services, in the Kshetra, performed by Vedic scholars who can speak multiple languages, including English, Hindi, Tamil & Telugu
- Astrology support to help devotees with puja, homam and parihara related queries
- Arrange a call with our Purohits and Pandits to address queries related to the puja rituals
- Transfer from devotee location to Kshetra and local transportation in AC vehicles
- Transparent Puja pricing and explanation of procedures
- Booking of Budget or Luxury Hotels and accommodation at location
- Leisure and sightseeing trips nearby
- Guide services (optional)
- Sattvik food
- Pujas can be performed in absentia and prasadam delivered by courier