History - Book online Pujas, Homam, Sevas, Purohits, Astro services| Pure Prayer
Top
Image Alt
  • Historical background / ಐತಿಹಾಸಿಕ ಹಿನ್ನಲೆ

    Earlier, Bengaluru was a tiny village under the governance of Vijapur kings. Later, Bengaluru was annexed by Shahji, a Maratha soldier and subsequently, it came under the direct control of Venkoji Va Yekoji, a foster brother of Maratha King Shivaji. In around 1666 A.D., Venkoji was touring this region for collecting taxes. During the tour, he visited Sri Mallikarjuna shrine at Mallapura and saw a self-manifested (Swayambu) Sri Kadu Malleshwara in the form of a Linga. He felt that the sight of Linga was auspicious and decided to construct a temple for the deity. He gave away Medara Ninganahalli, a nearby village, for the daily upkeep of the temple. An inscription to this effect was installed, which is now available on the premises of Sri Lakshmi Narasihma Swamy temple located behind Sri Kadu Malleshwara temple. In 1898, one Mallappa Shetty is said to have renovated Sri Kadu Malleshwara temple. In 1981, about 28 years after the renovation, the then Mysore Government announced a Datti for this temple and declared it a protected monument. Understandably, when the Temple was built, it must have been a forest, hence the name Kadu Malleshwara. (`Kaadu' means `Forest' in Kannada) ಹಿಂದೆ, ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು ಒಂದು ಸಣ್ಣ ಗ್ರಾಮವಾಗಿದ್ದು ಬಿಜಾಪುರ ರಾಜರುಗಳ ಆಡಳಿತಕ್ಕೆ ಒಳಪಟ್ಟಿತ್ತು. ಮುಂದೆ ಶಾಜಿ ಎಂಬ ಮರಾಠಾ ಯೋಧನ ಪಾಲಾದ ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು, ಮರಾಠಾ ರಾಜನಾಗಿದ್ದ ಶಿವಾಜಿಯ, ಮಲಸಹೋದರ ವೆಂಕೋಜಿ ವಾ ಏಕೋಜಿಯ ವಶಕ್ಕೆ ಸೇರಿತು. ಸುಮಾರು ೧೬೬೯ರಲ್ಲಿ ವೆಂಕೋಜಿಯು ಕರತೆರಿಗೆ ಸಂಚಯಕ್ಕೆಂದು ಪ್ರಯಾಣಿಸುತ್ತಿದ್ದಾಗ, ಮಲ್ಲಾಪುರದ ಮಲ್ಲಿಕಾರ್ಜುನನ ದರ್ಶನ ಮಾಡಿ, ಬೆಂಗಳೂರಿನ ಕಡೆಗೆ ಆಗಮಿಸಿದ್ದನು. ಆಗ, ಈ ಕಾಡುಮಲ್ಲೇಶ್ವರ ದೇವಾಲಯದ ಸ್ವಯಂಭೂ ಲಿಂಗವಿದ್ದ ಸ್ಥಳಕ್ಕೆ ಅನಿರೀಕ್ಷಿತವಾಗಿ ಭೇಟಿ ನೀಡಿದ್ದನು. ಇದೊಂದು, ಶುಭಸೂಚನೆಯೆಂದು ಭಾವಿಸಿ, ಇಲ್ಲಿಯೇ ಒಂದು ಶಿವ ದೇವಾಲಯವನ್ನು ಕಟ್ಟಿಸಲು ನಿರ್ಣಯಿಸಿದನು. ದೇವಾಲಯದ ನಿರ್ವಹಣೆಗಾಗಿ, ಮೇದರ ನಿಂಗನಹಳ್ಳಿಯನ್ನು ದಾನವಾಗಿ ಕೊಟ್ಟು, ಶಾಸನವನ್ನು ಬರೆಯಿಸಿದನೆಂದು ಹೇಳಲಾಗುತ್ತದೆ. ಈ ಶಾಸನವನ್ನು ಶ್ರೀ ಕಾಡುಮಲ್ಲೇಶ್ವರ ದೇವಾಲಯದ ಬಳಿಯಿರುವ ಶ್ರೀ ಲಕ್ಷ್ಮೀನರಸಿಂಹ ದೇವಾಲಯದ ಪ್ರಾಂಗಣದಲ್ಲಿ ಸ್ಥಾಪಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಮುಂದೆ, 1898ರಲ್ಲಿ ಮಲ್ಲಪ್ಪಶೆಟ್ಟಿ ಎಂಬುವರು ಈ ದೇವಾಲಯ ಸಂಕೀರ್ಣದ ಜೀಣೋದ್ಧಾರ ಕಾರ್ಯವನ್ನು ಕೈಗೊಂಡರೆಂದು ತಿಳಿದುಬರುತ್ತದೆ. ಇದಾದ ಸುಮಾರು ೨೮ ವರ್ಷಗಳ ನಂತರ, ಅಂದಿನ ಮೈಸೂರು ಸರ್ಕಾರವು, ಈ ದೇವಸ್ಥಾನಕ್ಕೆ ದತ್ತಿ ನೀಡಿ, ದೇವಾಲಯ ಸಂಕೀರ್ಣವನ್ನು ಸಂರಕ್ಷಿತ ಪ್ರದೇಶವೆಂದು ಘೋಷಿಸಿತು. ಈ ದೇವಸ್ಥಾನ ನಿರ್ಮಾಣದ ಸಮಯದಲ್ಲಿ ಇದೊಂದು ಕಾಡು ಪ್ರದೇಶವಾಗಿದ್ದರಿಂದಲೇ ಈ ದೇವಸ್ಥಾನಕ್ಕೆ ಕಾಡು ಮಲ್ಲೇಶ್ವರ ಎಂಬ ಹೆಸರು ಬಂದಿದೆ ಎಂದು ಮೂಲಗಳು ತಿಳಿಸುತ್ತವೆ.

You don't have permission to register

Enquiry

ENQUIRY