History - Book online Pujas, Homam, Sevas, Purohits, Astro services| Pure Prayer
Top
Image Alt
  • Puranic background / ಪೌರಾಣಿಕ ಹಿನ್ನಲೆ

    Sri Venugopala Krishnaswamy Temple was constructed and established in 1902, when Malleshwaram was still in the formation stage. Setlur Venkataranga Iyengar, Prof. M.T. Narayana Iyengar, Sri Rao Bahadur Narasihmacharya, M.T. Narasihma Iyengar, Vidwan Sri Asuri Anand Alvar Swamy and others contributed a lot for the establishment of the temple. The site measuring 140 ft. east to west, between East Park Road and West Park Road, and 250 ft. north to south, between 11th cross on the northern side and 10th cross on the southern side, was donated by the then Maharaja of Mysuru kingdom for the construction of this temple. In addition, the then Maharaja voluntarily contributed 3,750 Varahas (the then currency of the Maharaja regime), while local people contributed another 11,794 Varahas for the construction of the temple. The establishment of the main shrine, along with the consecration of all deities, took place on August 22, 1902 i.e., in the auspicious Shravana Masa (Sihma Masa) on Bahula Triteeya day in Shubhakrit Nama Samvatsar, Uttarabhadra Nakshatra, when the coronation of Sri Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV also occurred. Moreover, The inauguration and consecration of Sri Veera Anjaneya Swamy idol was also accomplished simultaneously. Originally, this temple was planned for Sri Nambi Narayanar as the presiding deity. During the final stage of construction of temple, Sri Venugopala Krishnaswamy is said to have appeared in the dream of a person, who was instrumental in the establishment of this temple, and directed him to consecrate Sri Venugopala Krishnaswamy idol as the presiding deity, instead of an idol of Sri Nambi Narayanar. Therefore, a search was launched for an idol of Lord Venugopala Krishnaswamy. The Mysuru rulers once again willingly extended support and cooperation in this behalf. Later, on 28 August, 1904, idols of Alvars, Acharyas, Chaturbhuja Andal (Bhogalakshmi) were consecrated in the Tayar Sannidhi of the main shrine. 1902 ರಲ್ಲಿ ಶ್ರೀ ವೆಣುಗೋಪಾಲಸ್ವಾಮಿ ದೇವಾಲಯವನ್ನು ನಿರ್ಮಿಸಿ, ಸ್ಥಾಪನಾ ಕಾರ್ಯವನ್ನೂ ನೆರವೇರಿಸಿದಾಗ ಮಲ್ಲೇಶ್ವರಂವು ಇನ್ನೂ ರೂಪಾಂಕುರ ಸ್ಥಿತಿಯಲ್ಲಿತ್ತು. ದೇವಾಲಯವನ್ನು ಸ್ಥಾಪಿಸಿರುವ ಕೈಂಕರ್ಯವನ್ನು ಸೆಟ್ಲೂರ್ ವೆಂಕಟರಂಗ ಐಯ್ಯಂಗಾರ್, ಪ್ರೊ. ಎಂ. ಟಿ. ನಾರಾಯಣ ಐಯ್ಯಂಗಾರ್, ಶ್ರೀಯುತ ರಾವ್ ಬಹದ್ದೂರ್ ನರಸಿಂಹಚಾರ್ಯ, ವಿದ್ವಾನ್ ಶ್ರೀ ಅಸುರಿ ಆನಂದ್ ಆಳ್ವರ್ ಸ್ವಾಮಿ ಮುಂತಾದವರು ಕೈಗೆತ್ತಿಕೊಂಡು ಪೂರ್ಣಗೊಳಿಸಿದರು. ಆಗ್ಗೆ ದೇವಾಲಯದ ನಿರ್ಮಾಣಕ್ಕೆಂದು ಮಲ್ಲೇಶ್ವರದ ಹತ್ತು, ಹನ್ನೊಂದನೇ ಅಡ್ಡರಸ್ತೆಗಳ ನಡುವೆ 140 ಅಡಿ ಉದ್ದ, 250 ಅಡಿ ಅಗಲದ ನಿವೇಶನವೊಂದನ್ನು ಅಂದಿನ ಮೈಸೂರು ರಾಜ್ಯದ ಮಹಾರಾಜರು ದಾನವಾಗಿ ನೀಡಿದರು. ಅಷ್ಟೇ ಅಲ್ಲದೇ ದೇವಸ್ಥಾನದ ನಿರ್ಮಾಣ, ವೆಚ್ಚಕೆಂದು 3250 ವರಹಗಳನ್ನು ನೀಡಿದರು. ನಿರ್ಮಾಣಕಾರ್ಯದ ಉಸ್ತುವಾರಿಗೆಂದು ರಚಿಸಲ್ಪಟ್ಟಿದ್ದ ಸಮಿತಿಯವರು ಸಾರ್ವಜನಿಕರಿಂದ 1794 ವರಹಗಳನ್ನು ಶೇಖರಿಸಿದ್ದರು. ಆರಾಧ್ಯ ದೈವ ಹಾಗೂ ಇತರ ದೇವರುಗಳ ಮೂರ್ತಿಗಳನ್ನು ದಿನಾಂಕ ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 22, 1902, ಅಂದರೆ ಶಾವಣ (ಸಿಂಹ) ಮಾಸದ ಬಹುಳ ತೃತೀಯ ತಿಥಿಯಂದು ಪ್ರತಿಷ್ಠಾಪಿಸಲಾಯಿತು. ಅಂದು ಶ್ರವಣ ನಕ್ಷತ್ರವಿದ್ದಿತು. ಅದೇ ದಿನದಂದು ಮೈಸೂರು ಅರಮನೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ನಾಲ್ವಡಿ ಕೃಷ್ಣದೇವರಾಯರ ಪಟ್ಟಾಭಿಷೇಕವೂ ನಡೆಯಿತೆಂದು ತಿಳಿದುಬರುತ್ತದೆ. ಇದೇ ಶುಭ ಕೃತಿನಾಮ ಸವತ್ಸರದ ಸಂದರ್ಭದಲ್ಲಿ ಶ್ರೀ ವೀರಾಂಜನೇಯ ಸ್ವಾಮಿಯ ಮೂಲತಃ, ಶ್ರೀ ನಂಬಿನಾರಾಯಣ ಮೂರ್ತಿಯನ್ನು ಪ್ರತಿಷ್ಠಾಪಿಸಲು ಯೋಜಿಸಲಾಗಿತ್ತು. ಆದರೆ, ದೇವಸ್ಥಾನದ ನಿರ್ಮಾಣ ಕಾರ್ಯದಲ್ಲಿ ಪ್ರಮುಖ ಪಾತ್ರವಹಿಸುತ್ತಿದ್ದ ಒಬ್ಬ ವ್ಯಕ್ತಿಯ ಸ್ವಪ್ನದಲ್ಲಿ ಶ್ರೀ ವೆಣುಗೋಪಾಲಸ್ವಾಮಿಯು ದರ್ಶನ ನೀಡಿ, ತನ್ನ, ಅಂದರೆ ಶ್ರೀ ವೇಣುಗೋಪಾಲ ಕೃಷ್ಣನ ಮೂರ್ತಿಯನ್ನು ಪ್ರತಿಷ್ಠಾಪಿಸಲು ನಿರ್ದೇಶಿಸಲಾಗಿ ವಿಗ್ರಹದ ಹುಡುಕಾಟವನ್ನು ಆರಂಭಿಸಲಾಯಿತು. ಈ ಸಂಧರ್ಬದಲ್ಲಿಯೂ ಸಹ ಮೈಸೂರು ಅರಸರು ಸಹಕರಿಸಿದರೆಂದು ಹೇಳಲಾಗುತ್ತದೆ. ನಂತರದಲ್ಲಿ, ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 28, 1904 ರಂದು ಶ್ರೀ ಆಳ್ವಾರರು, ಆಚಾರ್ಯರು ಮತ್ತು ಚತುರ್ಭುಜ ಆಂಡಾಳ ವಿಗ್ರಹಗಳನ್ನು ಪ್ರತಿಷ್ಠಾಪಿಸಲಾಯಿತು.

You don't have permission to register

Enquiry

ENQUIRY