Navagraha Pooja | Navagraha Homa
Navagraha Shanti is the Pooja performed based on the planetary positions in the Horoscope. Bad deeds or karmas from ones previous birth along with the planetary positions of grahas (doshas) will have a bearing on a persons finances and well-being. In Hindu astrology these doshas are recognized and Poojas are performed to negate the wrath of the planets. Navagraha Shanti or Navagraha Homam is recommended as a solution to these sufferings and has to be performed under the guidance of a Vedic Pandit. Navagraha Pooja or Homam pacifies malefic planets and strengthens benevolent planets, resulting in removal of obstacles in personal and professional life.
The Navagraha pooja (worship of 9 planets) is a time tested Vedic ritual, which combines the poojas for all the nine planets (or grahas) in our vedic sciences. The Navagraha Shanti Pooja has the power to nullify or remove all doshas (or flaws) in ones horoscope and enable the person to prosper in life. The Navagraha Pooja or Navagraha Shanti Puja of any particular graha creates a favorable environment to give the person the necessary strength and courage to overcome problems in their life.
Benefits of Performing Navagraha Pooja | Homam
Performing Navagraha Pooja with total dedication under the guidance of experienced astrologer, Purohit or Pandit, will alleviate the ill-effects of the planets in one’s life, while strengthening the positive and favorable influences on that planet.
- Relief from certain Doshas, will improve health and financial conditions
- Improvements in family relationships and well being of children
- Timely performance of Navagraha Shanti will save one from any kind of problems in life.
- Protection from fatal situations, as predicated in the birth charts
How Worship of Navagraha Pooja / Homa offered to various planets help a person?
- Surya (Sun) – promotes strength and courage, success, health and prosperity, relief from chronic diseases
- Chandra (Moon) – beneficial for mental peace, wealth, fame and success
- Mangal (Mars) – improved health, wealth, power and prosperity. Reduces chances of accidents and theft
- Budha (Mercury) – provides greater wisdom, commercial success and growth, relief from any nervous problems
- Guru (Jupiter) – nullifies bad emotions, provides strength and valor. Improves health, wealth, education, progeny etc
- Shukra (Venus) – improves relationships, longevity of life, wealth, life advancements, progeny and happiness
- Shani (Saturn) – improves mental peace, health, happiness and prosperity
- Rahu (Head) – provides longevity, enhanced power and improved social standing
- Ketu (Tail) – improves health, wealth, reduces chances of accidental death due to poison
Our Navagraha Shanti Puja service includes:
a. Kalasha sthapana, panchang sthapana (Navgraha, Gauri, Ganesh, Punyavachana, Shodasha Matrika, Sarvatobhadra)
b. Shetrapal puja, Swasti vachan, Sankalpa, Ganesha puja & abhishekam, 64 yogini puja
c. Navagraha yantra and idols puja, Invocation of deities into Kalash, chanting of navagraha mantra, yagna, aarati and Purnahuti
Online Puja & Homam Service:
Pureprayer offers online homam and puja services for devotees who cannot be present in-person at the pooja location. We perform all poojas and homas at any of our network of pooja mandirs, Kshetras and Homa Kuteeras. Our qualified vedic purohits will perform the pooja as per the prescribed procedures with a sankalpam. We can create a short video of the sankalpa along with the mantra chanting and sent to the devotee on WhatsApp. If the devotee prefers to remotely participate during the pooja or homam, we can connect with the purohits at pooja mandirs via a live video call using any of the video calling apps (WhatsApp, Zoom, Duo or Skype).
Navagraha Puja Samagris / Materials required for Navagraha Homa or Navagraha Pooja:
1) Turmeric powder 250 gms
2) Kumkum 1 Packet
3) Sandalwood Paste/Powder 1 Packet
4) Incense sticks 1 Packet
5) Camphor 1 Packet
6) Flowers 2 Bunches
7) Fruits 12 Bananas and other fruits
8) Betel leaves and nuts 10 each
9) Coconuts – 2 nos
10) Dry Coconuts(Whole) – 2 nos
11) Rice – 500 gms
12) Ghee – 500 gms
13) Kalasa Vastram – 2 Yards of fabric
14) Honey – 1 small bottle
15) Naivedyam Any Sweet Devotees Choice
16) Coins (quarters) – 25
17) Navadhanya – Wheat, Rice,Thoor Dal, Moong Dal, Chana Dal, Rajma (White), Sesame
18) Vastram – Red cloth 2, White cloth 2, Yellow cloth 1, Green cloth 1, Blue cloth 1, Black cloth 1
19) Other materials – Deepam (Lamps), Oil, Match box, Cotton Wicks, Kalasam 1, Panchapatra and Uddhrini, Two small trays, Two big trays, Five small cups
Navagraha Shanti Mantra:
Surya (Sun) – Om Ghrini Suryaye Namah
Chandra (Moon) – Om Aim Kleem Somaye Namah
Mangal (Mars) – Om Hoom Shreem Mangalaya Namah
Budha (Mercury) – Om Braam Breem Braum Sah Budhaye Namah
Guru (Jupiter) – Om Gram Greem Graum Sah Guruve Namah
Shukra (Venus) – Om Draam Dreem Droum Sah Shukraye Namah
Shani (Saturn) – Om Sham Shanaischaryaye Namah
Rahu (Head) – Om Raam Rahve Namah
Ketu (Tail) – Om Hreem Ketave Namah
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why is Navagraha pooja or homa done?
How do we worship Navagrahas in Temple?
How do you do Navagraha Shanti Puja?
What is Navagraha Pooja / Homam?
When can we perform Navagraha Homam?
Navagraha Pooja or Navagraha Homam is done on a special day (muhurat) which is derived in accordance with the horoscope of the person wishing to perform the pooja. Performing the pooja on the right mahurat will result in maximum benefits.