Gokarna is also known as the southern Kashi of India and has been popular for Shraddha Pujas such as Narayana bali Puja, Tripindi Shraddha, Thila Homa and many more Pujas performed by local priest families since times immemorial. Gokarna is a small seaside temple-town on west coast of Karnataka in Kumta taluk of Uttara Kannada district. The main deity in Mahabaleshwar temple is Lord Shiva, who is also known as Mahabaleshwara.
Gokarna lies in the confluence of two rivers Gangavali and Aghanashini and hence performing pujas and homas, such as, Navagraha-purak-aghorastra-puja, Narayan bali, Maha Mrityunjaya Homam, Pind daan, Tripindi shraddha, Varshik Shraddh etc at Gokarna has its own very significance.
It is widely believed that Shraddha (ancestral rites) performed at Gokarna gives mukthi to the departed soul and the best time to perform this is the Mahalaya Pitru Paksha. As Gokarna has the Rudra paada of Lord Shiva, all pujas, including the Shraddh Karmas can be performed throughout the year.
Our Service Assurance:
Pureprayer offers puja and homam services, both in the temple and ashrams at dedicated locations, performed by Vedic scholars who can speak multiple languages, including English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada etc.
Pureprayer also offers remote service where one can request to perform the ancestral rites through local purohits in absentia. A short video taken during the puja sankalpa is sent to the devotee as proof of the puja being performed.
- Astrology support to help devotees with puja, homam and parihara related queries
- Arrange a call with our Purohits and Guruji at the ashram to address queries related to the puja rituals
- Transfer from devotee location to Kshetras and local transportation in AC vehicles
- Transparent puja pricing and explanation of procedures
- Booking of Budget or Luxury accommodation at location
- Leisure and sightseeing trips (on-request)
- Sattvik food