Swarna Gowri Pooja | Swarna Gauri Vratham Dt:09-Sept-2021
Pureprayer offers the best Vedic Pandits in Bangalore to help you perform the Swarna Gowri pooja or Swarna Gauri Vratham at your home or through online Pandit Support. Pureprayer provides a complete service including the Pooja Samagri, Panditji or Purohit of your choice (Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Hindi, Bengali and many more) for best price.
Swarna Gowri Vrat and Ganesh Chaturthi are two important festival celebrations observed, all over India and in every Hindu household. Swarna Gowri Pooja is a must for both married and unmarried women performed seeking the benevolence of Goddess Gowri. Sri Swarna Gauri Vratham is celebrated on the third day (Triteeya) in the Shuklapaksha of Bhadrapadmaas occurring on Thursday of Sept 09, 2021.
Swarna Gauri Vratham is mainly performed by married women seeking the husband’s good health and longevity. Also, for the wealth, prosperity, continuity of the lineage, Moksha and many more. Performing Swarna Gowri Vrat (Also known as Hariyali Teej) in the northern parts of India) is said to be very auspicious and said to be highly meritorious.
How Swarna Gauri Vrat did come into practice?
Swarna Gowri Vrat finds mention in Aadi Shakti Mahatmyam.
A small legend explains the importance of Swarna Gauri Vrat.
King Chandraprabha was ruling Vimalapur, a town on the banks of the Saraswathi River. He had two wives. Once, the King entered a dense forest for hunting. Suddenly, he saw several women offering prayers near the pond. He asked one of the women about the Puja and its significance. The women replied that they were observing Swarna Gowri Vrat so that all their wishes would be bestowed. The king was happy to hear the story and tied the sacred thread on his right wrist and came back to his palace.
The King explained about the Vrata to both his wives. The first wife got angry at his narration, snatched the thread from his right wrist and threw it on a dried plant. After few days, fresh leaves began to sprout from the dried plant. The king’s second wife, observed this effect took the thread from the plant and tied it on her wrist. She performed the Puja. She was blessed with prosperity and love of the King.
The first wife, due to her ignorance about the Vrata had to leave the palace. She roamed in forests and suffered a lot. She was inconsolable. When she prayed to Goddess Parvati and cried regretting her actions, the Goddess appeared before her and consoled her. The queen realized her mistake and observed Swarna Gowri Vrat with devotion. Goddess Gowri bestowed happiness and love of her husband.
Benefits of Swarna Gowri Pooja:
Performing Swarna Gowri puja provides the following benefits:
- Good health, wealth, fame, fortune and prosperity
- Protects you and your family from evil forces and promote life in peace and harmony
- Eliminates financial problems and bestow wealth and profits in business
- Helps you attain inner peace and fulfill your material desires
Swarna Gowri Vrat-Pooja Samagri List:
- Kumkum and Turmeric powder
- Rangoli (colored rice flour)
- Peetha to place the Idol (a wooden plank or decorative metal plate)
- Mango leaves for Kalasham and a few Banana leaves for offerings
- Rice (to spread over the peetha)
- One Kalasham (Silver, bronze or copper)
- Scented Water (scented with Jathikai, Cardamom, Saffron, camphor, Cloves, all mixed in the water)
- One coconut for kalasha and few more for thamboolam
- Sandalwood paste (Chandan)
- Akshatha (Raw rice coated with turmeric)
- Swarna Gowri idol or Face of goddess
- Jewelry (Decorative, For Eyes, Nose, head)
- Flowers and garland
- Betel leaves, Betel nut, Banana
- Doram for hands ( doram is a sacred thread coated with turmeric powder with 16 strings and 16 knots representing Shodash Kalas)
- Unprocessed cow milk, dry fruits & nuts
- Fruits ( five seasonal varieties)
- Panchamritam (a mixture of fruits, honey, jaggary, dry fruits, nuts and ghee)
- Naivedyam (Sweet dishes, Payasam, sweet appam (based on your tradition).
- Vayanam (ಬಾಗಿನ) set of turmeric & kumkum, kajal, chandan, bangles, Betel leaves and nuts, Yellow thread, vastram, coconut, banana along with rupee coins) – for offering to the five Sumangali women invited
Frequently Asked Questions on Swarna Gowri Puja:
What is Swarna Gowri Vrata?
Swarna Gowri Vrat or Gowri Habba is the Hindu festival celebrated a day before Ganesh Chaturthi in Bhadrapadmaas. Women celebrate the festival of goddess Gowri or Gauri (Parvati) who is venerated as the Mother Nature (Prakriti) and mother of Ganesha. It is usually observed by married women and is a significant festival. It is an important pooja performed by many women in the states of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Bengal, Kerala, Gujarat, Odisha, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Maharastra and Uttar Pradesh.
In 2021 the Swarna Gowri pooja falls on Thursday, September 09, 2021.
How to do Swarna Gowri Pooja?
For doing a simple pooja: Light the lamp, keep some naivedyam and do the pooja by chanting Gauri Ashtothram (108 verses) or Lalita Sahasranaamam. Offer worship to Doram and get them tied by a senior Sumangali woman for the best grace and benevolence of Gowri. Married women are invited to this pooja and the Vayanam, Thamboolam and prasadam are offered to them seeking their blessings.
Why do Swarna Gowri Puja?
Swarna Gowri vrat is mainly performed by married women for the well-being of their family and sepecially for the well-being of their husband. Worshipping Swarna Gowri on this day is said to bring all the desired to come true.
When should we do Swarna Gowri Puja?
Every year Swarna Gowri Vratham is observed in third day (Triteeya) of Shuklapaksha in Bhadrapad month (in Telugu) and Bhadrapadmaas in Hindi. Some have the practice of performing it for sixteen years and perform Udyapanam in the sixteenth year.
How can we do Swarna Gowri puja at home?
For doing a simple pooja: Light the lamp, keep some naivedyam and do the pooja by chanting Lalita Sahasranaamam. Offer worship to Doram and get them tied by a senior Sumangali woman for the best grace and benevolence of Gowri. Distribute the Vayanam, Thamboolam and prasadam by inviting married woman to your house.
Do I get Pandit or Pujari perform Swarna Gauri Pooja?
We provide the Pandit or Purohit services for Swarna Gauri Pooja with or without Puja Samagri. Please get in touch with our Support Team.
Pureprayer offers the best vedic pandits to help you perform the Ganesh Chaturthi or Sri Varasiddhi Vinayak Vrat at your home or through online via video calling. Pureprayer provides a complete service including the Pooja Samagri, Panditji or Purohit of your choice (Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Hindi, Bengali and many more) for a best package price.