Perform Ayush Homam for Good Health, Wealth & Long Life
Perform Ayush Homam in your homes and important Kshetras for Good Health, Wealth and Long Life. PurePrayer provides insights into the importance of Ayush Homam. You can consult our astrologers for all your Puja needs and to plan the event well in advance. We offer highly hygienic and sanitized Homa Kuteera or Kshetra destinations to choose for a safe and satisfactory puja. We can conduct the puja through a video call or perform puja at a Kshetra on your behalf and send you a video of the puja.
Ayushya means lifespan in Sanskrit. Ayush homam is the worship of Ayur Devatha (God of life). By performing this ayush homam, one is blessed with good health and long life. As mentioned in Bodhayana sutras, if a child is falling ill often, this homam could be performed regularly until the child gets better. Homam is performed for children on their first birthday as per their Janma Nakshatra. It is believed that performing Ayush homam on their birthday eradicates all Evil Effects and the child is bestowed with long life and good health. Ayush homam is performed by learned vedic pandits usually during the child’s naming ceremony, wishing for the child’s wellness and a happy life thereafter.
Ayushya homam is also performed in homes or at holy kshetras or temples, when a person has come out from a terminal illness and is wishing for a healthy life here after. It is done done especially on your Janma Nakshatram (Birth Star) or Birthday to earn the benevolence of god seeking longevity, health, recovery from ailments, relief from mental trauma & attain success in material and spiritual level.
The Ayush Homam is also performed during completion of the 60th birithday (Shashtiabdapoorthi), 80th birthday (Sathabhishekam) & 100th year. Srivaishnavites perform Sri Sooktha, Purusha Sooktha & Sudarsana Homam together with Ayush Homam. Shivites used perform, starting it Ganapathy & Navagraha pooja, then with Ganapathi Homam & Navagraha Homam.
Benefits of Ayush Homam
Ayur Devata is the deity in Ayush homa. The energy acquired, empowers you with good health and longevity that is important to carry out every-day affairs. Markandeya, a great devotee of Lord Shiva remained young and immortal due to Shiva’s grace.
- Ayush homa is performed to eliminate health and ailment risks in life
- Very beneficial for children suffering from health related issues
- It is a recommended homam to for reducing the negative effects of planets and to minimize or eliminate chances of accidents, injuries and major health threats.
- Performed to get relief from mental and physical health problems
- Get relief from incurable illnesses
- Achieve success in both material and spiritual endeavors
- It removes the negative effects of karmic debt (karmas of previous birth) and helps in overall well being of the person.
Ayush Homam Puja Procedure
Ayush Homam is performed to improve one’s health. This divine pooja has many other great benefits and brings happiness and prosperity to the lives of people. It is a pooja dedicated to Ayur devta or the God of life.This homam is done chanting Ayush Shuktha and chanting Ayur devata . The chanting of mantras creates an environment of positivity and sacredness. Mantras have an impact at the subtle level also. Along with the chantings, we also honour the Navagrahas (nine planets) and offer the sacred food grains associated with each planet into the sacrificial fire.
Ayush Homam Vidhanam
1) Ganpati Sthapana.- also known as Kamaadi, pooja performed to Lord Ganesha by decorating him with flowers and offering him naivedyam and praying or Ganapati homam to proceed smoothly without any interruption
2) Sankalpam and aarti
3) Ayush Pooja according to birth Nakshatra and the chanting of Ayush Shooktam – this is known as Kammahdya
4) Havan or Homam (fire ritual) – Kamaanthya, which is conclusion by giving a poornahuti, arthi and presenting the thambulam to the agni devatha. At the end, all the elders are invited to bless the child or the person.
5) Srivaishnavites usually perform Sri Suktha, Purusha Sooktha & Sudarsana Homam along with Ayush Homam.
Ayush Homam Mantra – “Om Haam Aayur Devataaya Swaha”
The following divine beings are invoked during Ayush Homam:
- Markandeya – Represents well-being and willpower to recover from ailments
- Chiranjivis – the seven ancient immortal seers
- Ashwatthama – Immortal sage and valiant warrior
- Mahabali – Immortal benevolent king
- Vyasa – Sage famed for writing Mahabharat
- Lord Hanuman – First and foremost devotee of Lord Rama
- Vibhishana – Famed for righteousness, Ravana’s brother
- Kripacharya – Immortal sage famous for tutoring royal children
- Parashurama – Immortal warrior incarnation of Vishnu
Puja Samagri required for Ayush Homam
- Navadhanyam (9 items) 1 packet
- Navagraham Vastram (9 colors) red 2,white 2,yellow 1,blue 1,green 1,black 1,mixed color 1
- Dry fruits & Nuts: Almonds (whole) 100 grams, Raisins 100 grams, Cashew Nuts (Whole – Unsalted), Cardamom, Cloves
- Dhoti angavastram 1 set
- Prasadam (Kesari or Payasam) small quantity, White Rice (cooked) 1 cup
- Puja materials: Turmeric powder 50 grams, Kumkum 25 grams, Betel leaves 20, Betel nuts 10, Agarbatti 1 packet, Camphor small packet, Sandal powder 1 small packet, Rice 2 kgs, ghee
- Other: Coconut 3, flowers, flower garland fruits (5 varieties), coins, wicks, puja oil
Please use this link to book Pandits/Purohits for performing Ayush Homam.
Pureprayer is a leading App based and online platform offering Purohit Services of experienced and Vedic Pandits in Bangalore, North Indian Pandits in Bangalore, Tamizh Vadhyars in Bangalore, Telugu Purohit in Bangalore, Marathi Guruji, Malayalam Pandit and many more. Pandits are available in Offline or Remote support format.
Please visit www.pureprayer.com or call us on +91 8151002255, WA No: +91 9900821000 to learn more about booking online Pandits/Purohits for all Pujas, Havans and many more.
Please visit our Pureprayer facebook page to follow us and discover more.