Ayush Homam for Good Health, Wealth & Long Life
Ayushya means lifespan in Sanskrit. Ayush homam is the worship of Ayur Devatha (God of life). By performing this ayush homam, one is blessed with good health and long life. As mentioned in Bodhayana sutras, if a child is falling ill often, this homam could be performed regularly until the child gets better. This homam is performed for children on their first birthday as per their Janma Nakshatra. It is believed that performing Ayush homam on their birthday eradicates all Evil Effects and the child is bestowed with long life and good health. Ayush homam is performed by learned vedic pandits usually during the child’s naming ceremony, wishing for the child’s wellness and a happy life thereafter.
Ayushya homam is also performed in homes or at holy kshetras or temples, when a person has come out from a terminal illness and is wishing for a healthy life here after. It is done done especially on your Janma Nakshatram (Birth Star) or Birthday to earn the benevolence of god seeking longevity, health, recovery from ailments, relief from mental trauma & attain success in material and spiritual level.
The Ayush Homam is also performed during completion of the 60th birithday (Shashtiabdapoorthi), 80th birthday (Sathabhishekam) & 100th year. Srivaishnavites perform Sri Sooktha, Purusha Sooktha & Sudarsana Homam together with Ayush Homam. Shivites used perform, starting it Ganapathy & Navagraha pooja, then with Ganapathi Homam & Navagraha Homam.
Benefits of Ayush Homam:
Ayur Devata is the deity in Ayush homa. The energy acquired, empowers you with good health and longevity that is important to carry out every-day affairs. Markandeya, a great devotee of Lord Shiva remained young and immortal due to Shiva’s grace.
- Ayush homam is performed to eliminate health and ailment risks in life
- Very beneficial for children suffering from health related issues
- It is a recommended homam to for reducing the negative effects of planets and to minimize or eliminate chances of accidents, injuries and major health threats.
- Performed to get relief from mental and physical health problems
- Get relief from incurable illnesses
- Achieve success in both material and spiritual endeavors
- It removes the negative effects of karmic debt (karmas of previous birth) and helps in overall well being of the person.
Ayush Homam Puja Procedure:
Ayush Homam is performed to improve one’s health. This divine pooja has many other great benefits and brings happiness and prosperity to the lives of people. It is a pooja dedicated to Ayur devta or the God of life.This homam is done chanting Ayush Shuktha and chanting Ayur devata . The chanting of mantras creates an environment of positivity and sacredness. Mantras have an impact at the subtle level also. Along with the chantings, we also honour the Navagrahas (nine planets) and offer the sacred food grains associated with each planet into the sacrificial fire.
Ayush Homam Vidhanam:
1) Ganpati Sthapana.- also known as Kamaadi, pooja performed to Lord Ganesha by decorating him with flowers and offering him naivedyam and praying or Ganapati homam to proceed smoothly without any interruption
2) Sankalpam and aarti
3) Ayush Pooja according to birth Nakshatra and the chanting of Ayush Shooktam – this is known as Kammahdya
4) Havan or Homam (fire ritual) – Kamaanthya, which is conclusion by giving a poornahuti, arthi and presenting the thambulam to the agni devatha. At the end, all the elders are invited to bless the child or the person.
5) Srivaishnavites usually perform Sri Suktha, Purusha Sooktha & Sudarsana Homam along with Ayush Homam.
Ayush Homam Mantra – “Om Haam Aayur Devataaya Swaha”
The following divine beings are invoked during Ayush Homam:
- Markandeya – Represents well-being and willpower to recover from ailments
- Chiranjivis – the seven ancient immortal seers
- Ashwatthama – Immortal sage and valiant warrior
- Mahabali – Immortal benevolent king
- Vyasa – Sage famed for writing Mahabharat
- Lord Hanuman – First and foremost devotee of Lord Rama
- Vibhishana – Famed for righteousness, Ravana’s brother
- Kripacharya – Immortal sage famous for tutoring royal children
- Parashurama – Immortal warrior incarnation of Vishnu
Puja Samagri required for Ayush Homam:
- Navadhanyam (9 items) 1 packet
- Navagraham Vastram (9 colors) red 2,white 2,yellow 1,blue 1,green 1,black 1,mixed color 1
- Dry fruits & Nuts: Almonds (whole) 100 grams, Raisins 100 grams, Cashew Nuts (Whole – Unsalted), Cardamom, Cloves
- Dhoti angavastram 1 set
- Prasadam (Kesari or Payasam) small quantity, White Rice (cooked) 1 cup
- Puja materials: Turmeric powder 50 grams, Kumkum 25 grams, Betel leaves 20, Betel nuts 10, Agarbatti 1 packet, Camphor small packet, Sandal powder 1 small packet, Rice 2 kgs, ghee
- Other: Coconut 3, flowers, flower garland fruits (5 varieties), coins, wicks, puja oil
|Ayush Homam Cost at Thirukadaiyur
|1 Kaala Puja||2 Kaala Puja|
|₹ 6000||₹ 12000|
Our Service Assurance
Pureprayer offers Ayush Homam services at your home, puja mandirs, homa kuteeras, temples or any location of your choice. We can arrange for a special ayush homam at Thirukkadaiyur in Tamil Nadu performed by Vedic scholars (Tamil Vadhyars) who can speak multiple languages, including English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu etc. At any of the temples or kshetras our representative will be present all along to guide you from the time of arrival at location. Our package includes the Purohit charges & Puja Samagri.
- Astrology support to help devotees with puja related queries
- Purohit and puja materials
- Transparent puja pricing and explanation of procedures
- If traveling, all transfers from devotee location to Temple and local transportation in AC vehicles
- Event planning and arrangements
- Booking of Budget or Luxury accommodation at location
- Leisure and sightseeing trips (on-request)
- Sattvik food at location
Frequently asked questions:
When to perform Ayush Homam?
Ayusha Homam must be performed on the day when the janma nakshatra of the person who is performing the homam arrives. It is best performed during the Brahma Muhurta and during all other auspicious Horas. Mother Aayur Devata appeared on Vijaya Dashami and hence it is highly auspicious for Ayush Homas.
What is the Significance of Ayush Homam?
Ayush homam is a ritual for clearing the negative effects of previous birth (karma) which in turn helps for improving the overall well being of a person. In addition, it is possible to control untimely and sudden death by performing this homam. Those who want to get relief from mental and physical health problems can organize Ayush homam for living a better life.